May 13, 2021
After being cancelled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Skills Ontario Competition  was held virtually this year, with students competing in various categories from mid-April to May. Today, the awards and closing ceremonies marked the end of the 2021 competition. Although no awards were taken home this year, students from two HPEDSB secondary schools participated in the competition and are recognized for their efforts and dedication, performing admirably despite the challenges of preparing for the competition during the suspension of in-person learning.
From Bayside Secondary School, under the guidance of teacher Mark Adams:
- Raina Bernard & Addyson Stewart – 2D Character Animation team of 2
- Alicia Cannon & Ashdenn Mitchell-Bingley – 2D Character Animation team of 2
- Joey Clark – Graphic Design Presentation
- Alexander Collins – Photography
- Olivia Luong – Photography
From Prince Edward Collegiate Institute, under the guidance of teacher Hillary Ann Clarke:
- Tekla Petit – Photography
Congratulations to the teachers and students who participated in this year’s Skills Ontario Competition. We’re proud of you!
The Virtual Skills Ontario Showcase and Closing Ceremonies will be available to view for the next 90 days on the Skills Ontario website.