January 24, 2020 –Starting school is an exciting time for young children and their families. All our elementary schools offer Kindergarten for Year 1 (JK) and Year 2 (SK).
Once online pre-registration is completed, parents/guardians must go to the school to finalize registration. Please contact the school office to make an appointment. When visiting the school, you will need to bring the following documentation:
- Birth certificate or passport as official proof of the child’s date of birth and legal name*
- Immunization card
- Confirmation of the parent/guardian name and home address, such as a driver’s licence, hydro bill or phone bill
- Legal custody orders, if applicable
For Junior Kindergarten, children must be four years old in 2020 (born in 2016). For Senior Kindergarten, children must be five years old in 2020 (born in 2015). If your child is currently in Year 1 (JK), you do not need to register again for Year 2 (SK).
*To apply for a birth certificate, follow these steps:
- If you have access to a computer and a major credit card, visit ServiceOntario to complete an on-line application. Submit the form and pay on-line using a credit card. The birth certificate will be delivered to you.
- If you do not have access to a computer, contact your local MPP’s office.
- A HPEDSB Family Questionnaire (Pdf) is available for families to complete. The purpose of the questionnaire is to gather information that will support your child’s transition to school. Completed questionnaires can be emailed or taken directly to schools.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications & Public Relations Manager, 613-966-1170 or 1-800-267-4350, extension 62354, [email protected]