- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB) - https://www.hpedsb.on.ca -

Student records and transcripts requests

Accessing student records

An Ontario Student Record (OSR) (Pdf) [1] is established for each student who enrolls into a school operated by Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board.

Each student over age 18, or the parent/guardian of a student who is under age 18, may request a meeting to review the contents of the Ontario Student Record (OSR). A request for the correction or removal of information in the OSR from the adult student or parent/guardian of a student under age 18 must be made in writing to the principal.

Description of the Ontario Student Transcript

The Ontario Student Transcript (OST) is an official record that documents a student’s academic progress. It includes the mark received for each course taken, and indicates whether the student completed the 40-hour community service requirement and passed the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test. A transcript is a component of the OSR and is created and managed in accordance with the Ministry of Education’s OST Manual [2]. Since September 1, 1999, an OST has been established for each student enrolled in an Ontario secondary school course, whether or not the course is being taken for credit.

All graduates receive one diploma and an official transcript at time of graduation. Diplomas and transcripts not distributed at commencement will be held at the secondary school for pick up.

At times, an individual may need to request education verification from their current or former school for a variety of reasons.

How to obtain an Ontario Student Transcript if you are no longer in secondary school

  1. If you are a former HPEDSB student and are applying to a post-secondary institution (college or university), you may be able to request your transcript electronically as part of your online application. Find out more at Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) [3].

2. If you require a transcript for employment purposes, please contact the last secondary school you attended [4]. You will need to provide your full name (if you have changed names, please specify your birth name) and your date of birth. A small fee will be charged for this service; the school will confirm the amount. Payment can be made by cash, money order, or certified cheque. Credit cards and Interac payments are not accepted.

Transcripts for current students

If you are currently attending high school within HPEDSB and are applying to an Ontario college through OCAS or an Ontario university through OUAC, your transcript information will be forwarded to OCAS or OUAC on your behalf.

If you have any questions, please contact the school principal or the freedom of information officer at 613.966.1170 or 1.800.267.4340, extension 62354, or directors.office@hpedsb.on.ca

Copyright © 2017 HPEDSB Board Site. All rights reserved.

Address: 156 Ann Street, Belleville, Ontario, Canada K8N 3L3 Phone: +1 613 966-1170 Toll-free: +1 800 267-4350 Fax: +1 613 961-2003
General Email: information@hpedsb.on.ca Technical Email: webmaster@hpedsb.on.ca