Register for school
Welcome returning and new students! Thank you for choosing Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB). We look forward to seeing you again—or for the first time—in HPEDSB schools.
Before beginning registration, visit the website of our transportation partner Tri-Board to verify the school boundary in which your home lies. This will be your child’s home school.
How to provide the required documentation to finalize school registration
During the COVID-19 pandemic, schools are using an alternative approach to accept verification the documentation listed below. Once you have completed the online registration form, you will be asked to send digital evidence of the the documentation to the school.
- A birth certificate or passport as written proof of the child’s date of birth
- Immunization card. You will be asked to fill out a public health form which will be sent to Hastings Prince Edward Public Health along with a photocopy of the immunization card Government of Ontario School Immunizations Checklist (Pdf)
- Confirmation of the parent/guardian name and home address, such as a driver’s licence, hydro bill or phone bill
- Legal custody orders, if applicable
During the summer, elementary schools will be open during the week of August 30, 2021; secondary schools will be open the week of August 23, 2021. In the meantime, we welcome you to register your child for school using the online form referenced above.
Links and resources
- Procedure 527: Student Admissions and Tuition Fees and related forms