This update provides a summary of the special public meeting of Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board held Monday, May 8, 2017 at the Education Centre. It is an unofficial summary of the meeting; official minutes will be approved at the next meeting later in May 2017.
Tender for the addition and renovations at Marmora Senior Public School
Board members approved a tender in the amount of $4,494,200 to Garritano Brothers Ltd. for the addition and renovations at Marmora Senior Public School.
Funding in the amount of $5,441,393 has been approved by the Ministry of Education for this work. The funding is from a variety of sources: Capital Priorities, Full Day Kindergarten, New Pupil Places, and School Condition Improvement. The funding covers construction costs, architectural and engineering services, permits, net taxes, contingencies, as well as building renewal work that is to be done as part of the overall renovation.
The construction project scope includes the following:
- Construction of additions to the existing building including 5 new classrooms and a new, double-size gym.
- Modifications/renovations to the existing building including a new front entrance, main office area, and converting the existing gym to a learning commons/library.
- Building renewal work such as replacement of heating/ventilation equipment, electrical and communication systems, interior/exterior doors, and interior finishes.
All meetings take place at the Education Centre and are public unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, May 8: Student Enrolment/School Capacity Committee, 3:30 p.m. (receive reports for Belleville and Prince Edward County)
- Monday, May 8: Program and Human Resources Committee, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 8: Operations and Finance Committee, 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 15: Special Meeting of the Operations and Finance Committee, 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 17: Parent Involvement Committee, 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23: Public Board and Great Place Awards, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25: Student Enrolment/School Capacity Committee, for Prince Edward County Public Delegations, 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 29: Student Enrolment/School Capacity Committee, for Belleville Public Delegations, 6:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, extension 2354, [email protected]