Reference card has contact information for community agencies
Just in time for school, Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board and Hastings & Prince Edward Children’s Services Network are preparing to distribute THE RED CARD. This pocket-size card is made for youth ages 12 to 19 years of age and includes information on:
- Where to get help to find a job
- Where to get help to complete your education
- Where to get help to find food, shelter and clothing
- Where to get help for financial assistance
- Where to go for support services
Region-specific RED CARDS are available for five geographic regions in Hastings and Prince Edward counties: Belleville, Centre Hastings, North Hastings, Prince Edward County and Quinte West.
“We are very pleased to be a part of the creation and distribution of THE RED CARD,” remarks Mandy Savery-Whiteway, a member of the Youth Integration Team and Principal for Student Success with the school board. “The cards will be distributed at every school in the district, with extras available in secondary school guidance offices and at the Education Centre.”
THE RED CARD was created by the Youth Integration Team, one of the six integration teams under the umbrella of the Hastings and Prince Edward Children’s Services Network.
“This new RED CARD is an update of the Quinte Destinations for Youth Card,” says Cathie West, Chair of the Youth Integration Team and Executive Director of Youth Habitation Quinte Inc. “We wanted to update the information and create a new look that would appeal to youth.”
The vision is to have communities with an effective children’s services system that is integrated and responsive in order to advance the well-being of children, youth and families and where children/youth are valued. The Youth Integration Team’s mandate is to ensure the needs and priorities of the community guide the planning and delivery of services for children, youth and families in Hastings and Prince Edward counties.
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
- Mandy Savery-Whiteway, System Principal for Student Success, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2211
- Or, please visit www.childrenservicesnetwork.ca for more information about the Hastings and Prince Edward Children’s Services Network