50th anniversary for Madoc Township Public School in October
Fifty years ago, in October 1961, students from 15 one-room school houses came together under one roof at the site now known as Madoc Township Public School. Community celebrations are planned for the Thanksgiving weekend to commemorate the anniversary.
Madoc Township Public School 50th Anniversary Event Details
|Friday, October 7, afternoon||Ceremony with students|
|Saturday, October 8, 2011, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.||School tours, displays of each decade Official ceremony at 1:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, October 9, 2011, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.||School tours and displays|
What to expect at the 50th Anniversary celebrations
- Decade-specific displays in classrooms to represents the students, staff, music and other elements of the era.
- Student-written book detailing the school history will be on sale in hardcover and softcover, as well as sales of school memorabilia: mugs, waterbottles, bags, flags and a calendar.
- Student projects to commemorate one-room school house projects.
- Historical displays of student registers from the late 1800s and early 1900s and classroom items.
- Photographs of all the principals, secretaries and custodians from the 50 years.
For more information, please contact: Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]