2022 Municipal elections
May 2, 2022—Municipal elections will be held on October 24, 2022. School board trustees are included on the ballot to represent their community for the next four years.
- March 31, 2022: No by-election shall be held after this date.
- April 3: Last day for school boards to provide a copy of the report on determination and distribution of trustees.
- April 30: Last day for municipalities and school boards to establish rules and procedures regarding the use of municipal and/or board resources during the election campaign period.
- May 2: The nomination and registration periods begin.
- August 19: Nomination Day, with a deadline of 2:00 PM. The last day to register as a candidate. A candidate who wishes to withdraw their nomination must notify the municipal clerk in writing before 2:00 PM.
- October 24: Voting day.
- November 15: New term of office begins.
- January 3, 2023: End of the election campaign period, which is the last day for candidates and registered third parties to provide written notice, in the prescribed form, of a deficit and the continuation of their campaign period.
Candidate and community resources
Find out what school trustees do, who won the 2018 and 2014 elections, how to become a trustee, how and where to vote, who ran in your ward or region and everything you need to know about school boards at elections.ontarioschooltrustees.org.
All candidates are encouraged to submit their profiles (name, school board and ward) to [email protected]. Candidates can also include a photo, a brief biography, social media handles, email addresses and website URLs with their profile.