January 9, 2019—The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) is a legislated, statutory committee of Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB).
The role of SEAC is to report and make recommendations to the school board regarding any matter affecting Special Education programs and services for exceptional students. Membership is made up of associations, parents/guardians, board and community representatives. SEAC represents the interests of all children who have special education and/or mental health needs.
SEAC advises, advocates and supports processes that meet the educational needs of children who have special needs in the community. SEAC also works collaboratively with other SEACs to advocate for effective policies, practices and procedures across Ontario.
Goals and priorities
- Report and make recommendations to the school board on matters regarding Special Education programs and services for exceptional students
- Participate in the school board’s annual review of the Special Education Plan
- Participate in the school board’s annual budget process as it relates to Special Education
Please join us at SEAC meetings
All parents/guardians and interested members of the public are invited to attend SEAC meetings.
SEAC meets monthly during the school year, usually the fourth Thursday of the month, at 5:00 p.m. Meetings are open to the public to attend as observers. Meetings are held at the Education Centre, 156 Ann Street , Belleville.
Anyone interested in attending a SEAC meeting may contact Student Services for information and to confirm attendance.
- Lisa Anne Chatten, Trustee
- Kristen Parks, Trustee
- Susan Sweetman, Children’s Mental Health Services
- Jason Sweet, Community Living Prince Edward
- Connie McLean, Community Living Quinte West
- Andrea Brennan-Doucette, Counselling Services of Belleville & District
- Richelle Glenn, Easter Seals Ontario
- Kathy Kennedy, FASworld Inc.
- Kelly Allan, Family Space Quinte Inc.
- Eve Jelley, Loyalist College
- TBD, Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte
- Janet Christie, North Hastings Community Integration Assoc.
- Christian Everall, Greater Than: County Youth Collective
- Carolyn Baldwin, Quinte Children’s Treatment Centre
- Marya Peters, Trenton Military Family Resource Centre
- Benzie Sangma, Member-at-Large
- Ken Dostaler Superintendent of Education, Student Services
- Tina Elliott System Lead, Student Services
- Tanya Whittaker/Clinton Breau Ontario Principals’ Council
- Natalie Vader Learning Support Coordinator, Student Services
- Julie Kezar Administrative Assistant, Student Services