The Ontario government is looking for input on its Special Needs Strategy.
The provincial vision is for an Ontario where children and youth with special needs get the timely and effective services they need to participate fully at home, at school, in the community, and as they prepare to achieve their goals for adulthood.
Improving this system requires innovative approaches to addressing challenges and barriers, as well as open collaboration across sectors and at both the provincial and local levels.
There are many ways to participate:
- Online survey: Complete an online survey at: Special Needs Survey. The survey will be available until 5:00 p.m. on February 6.
- Write: Send an email to email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on February 6.
- In-person: Attend a feedback session. RSVP and learn more at: Focus Group Sign-Up
- Participate: Join a working group. We welcome applications from parents, youth, and citizens interested in volunteering their time, sharing their expertise, and helping to achieve our collective vision. Interested in applying? Please submit an application by 5:00 p.m. on February 6.
To achieve the above vision, Ontario needs a Special Needs Strategy that:
- identifies children’s needs earlier and gets them the right help sooner;
- coordinates service planning for children with multiple or complex special needs; and makes rehabilitation services more seamless from birth through the school years.
The goal is for Ontario’s children and youth with special needs and their families to have:
- a single point of intake with clearly articulated service plans;
- seamless integration of a range of services; and
- smooth transitions in and out of a range of supports and services.
For more general information on this process, please visit: Ontario’s Special Needs Strategy .
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org