Updated May 29, 2014—The amount of scholarships for students in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme at Moira Secondary School has risen to a collective total of $579,635.
This large amount affirms that universities acknowledge the learning and efforts of IB students. According to IB Coordinator Cindy Cooper, the scholarship amount will increase because some IB students are still waiting to hear back. At this point, each graduating student has been offered an average of $48,000 this year.
Posted April 25, 2014—Students in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme at Moira Secondary School are high achievers. Those graduating this year have been offered a total of $323,585 in scholarships from several universities and private scholarships. Each has been offered an average of $27,132 in scholarships.
To date, the IB students have been accepted to the following universities:
- Carleton University
- Dalhousie University
- Harvard University
- McMaster University
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- Trent University
- University of Guelph
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- University of Windsor
- Western University
- Wilfred Laurier University
- York University
Programs the IB students have been accepted for include the following:
- Bachelor of Arts Honours
- Bachelor of Science Honours in Medical Sciences, Life Sciences, Bio-Med Sciences, Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Visual Arts, Faculty of Arts and Science, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Law and Society
- Professional Communication with a Minor in Biology
- Bachelor in Humanities with a Minor in Biology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences with a Major in Psychology, Forensic Science, Criminology
- Bachelor of English
By offering scholarships, these universities acknowledge the hard work of students in the IB Programme.
The total scholarship offering will increase because many of MSS students are still waiting to hear about several scholarships.
Upcoming graduating classes
- To date 22 students are enrolled in IB Diploma courses to graduate in 2015.
- To date, 32 students are enrolled in IB Diploma courses to graduate in 2016.
Students who are interested in applying for the IB Foundations Programme (Grades 9 and 10) or the IB Diploma Programme (Grades 11 and 12) pathways at Moira Secondary School can find out more by contacting Mrs. Cooper, IB Coordinator, [email protected] or 613-962-8668, ext. 1119
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]