Involving students in their education at school and beyond is important to us.
The Student Senate consists of 16 representatives, two students from each of our eight secondary schools. They have leadership and advocacy experiences outside the classroom.
- Acts as a conduit between students, student trustees and the Board of Trustees
- Develops ideas, plans activities, and creates presentations for the annual youth forum
- Encourages idea sharing and collaborative planning/problem-solving
- Provides leadership to student councils and school committees
- Assist and support the two student trustees in their duties
- Attend Student Senate meetings
- Elect two student trustees each school year
Links and resources
- Application for Student Senator (Pdf)
- Policy 3-C: Student Representation on the Board (Pdf)
- Trenton High School presents Random Acts of Kindness (Opens a video)