Starting school is an exciting time for young children and their families.
All our elementary schools offer Kindergarten for Year 1 (JK) and Year 2 (SK).
New this year: online pre-registration
View the Kindergarten pre-registration help video for instructions on how to complete online registration.
If you are unable to register online, contact the public school in your community to arrange an appointment. Registration takes approximately 15 minutes.
You will need to take the following documentation to the school:
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport as official proof of the child’s date of birth and legal name*
- Your child’s immunization card
- Precise information about the residence location, including lot, concession, postal code and 911 address
- Legal custody orders, if applicable
For Junior Kindergarten, children must be four years old in 2018 (born in 2014). For Senior Kindergarten, children must be five years old in 2018 (born in 2013). If your child is currently in Year 1 (JK), you do not need to register again for Year 2 (SK).
*To apply for a birth certificate, follow these steps:
- If you have access to a computer and a major credit card, visit ServiceOntario to complete an online application. Submit the form and pay online using a credit card. The birth certificate will be delivered to you.
- If you do not have access to a computer, contact your local MPP’s office.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1-800-267-4350, extension 2354, email@example.com