What is SAL?
SUPERVISED ALTERNATIVE LEARNING
ONTARIO REG. 374-10
Periodically, the system is required to consider a pupil for potential placement within a SAL. A supervised alternative learning program that is approved by the SAL committee may include one or more of the following:
- full-time or part-time employment at an approved workstation for such term or period of time as is fixed or determined under the program;
- work on an academic course
- completion of a life-skills course; and
- continuing studies or other activity directed towards the pupil’s needs and interests as may be acceptable to the committee.
Ontario Regulation 374-10 (under the Education Act) requires Boards to establish a committee to be known as the Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL).
Refer to Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board Procedure 395 for further details.
The SAL Committee of the Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board consists of:
- the Chair of the SAL committee
- a community representative
For further information, contact the Curriculum Services Department.
FORMS and RESOURCES