The Board's open competitive processes are based on fairness and transparency to ensure equal treatment to all responsive bidders.
Types of procurement (RFX) processes include:
- RFI - Request for Information (market research tool only)
- RFEI - Request for Expression of Interest (determines market interest and short list for next RFX invitation)
- RFPQ - Request for Pre-qualification (to establish a list of qualified bidders)
- RFT - Request for Tender (specific goods, services & construction). This method is commonly used for construction projects where bonding and a CCDC agreement is required
- RFP - Request for Proposal (to receive proponents approach and/or methodology) commonly used for architectural, consulting or provisional services
- RFQ - Request for Quotation (method of competitive procurement where bidders are asked to provide a quote for a specific product, project, or service. This type of procurement does not require bonding or a CCDC agreement
Procurements projected or budgeted to cost $100,000 or more are advertised electronically at hpedsb.bidsandtenders.ca it is the vendor's responsibility to register with hpedsb.bidsandtenders.ca.