Moira Secondary School has been in operation since 1959. Our school is surrounded by prime residential areas in the east end of Belleville. Over the years Moira Secondary has created a
strong legacy of academic excellence, leadership in innovative programs and exceptional participation in athletics and the arts.
In partnership with home and community, our mission is to deliver excellence in education
to prepare our students to meet global challenges in a changing world. Our facilities include:
• State-of-the-art science wing composed of physics, chemistry and biology labs
• High-end cross-curricular computer labs
• Mathematics computer lab
• Triple gym/auditorium
• Enhanced library with new circulation system
• Fully-equipped technology department featuring manufacturing, transportation, construction
and communication programs
• Newly renovated music room
IB opens the door to postsecondary opportunities
The International Baccalaureate Programme provides excellent post-secondary preparation in a supportive family atmosphere. Strong results in the IB Programme give students an international profile. Benefits may include:
• Admission to universities throughout the world
• Admission to highly-competitive programs
• Advanced standing or course credit in some areas
• Advantage for scholarship applications
The student profile
What does the IB student look like?
The student who best fits the IB profile is someone who:
• Is looking for a challenging curriculum
• Is highly motivated
• Exhibits a strong work ethic
• Exhibits an appreciation for world cultures and issues
If you have these qualities, consider applying for the International Baccalaureate Programme.
Note: Transportation to the IB Programme is the responsibility of the parent/guardian if the student lives outside the normal busing boundaries for the school. However, transportation may be available where there is space, from an existing bus stop. To find out more, contact Tri-Board Student Transportation Services at 1-866-569-6638.