Teacher Rebecca and Early Childhood Educator Leah invite you to register your child for Full-day Kindergarten.
Take a look at our Kindergarten registration advertisement (pdf)
Welcome to Kindergarten!
Starting school is an exciting time for young children and their families. Our schools offer full-day/alternate day programs for Junior and Senior Kindergarten. Effective September 2014, Full-day Kindergarten will be in all our schools with JK/SK grades.
How to register children for Kindergarten
Registration is done by appointment and takes approximately 15 minutes. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
When visiting the school to register, please bring:
1. Birth certificate or passport as official proof of the child’s date of birth*
2. Immunization card
3. Precise information about the residence location, including lot, concession, postal code, and 911 address
4. Legal custody orders, if applicable
For Junior Kindergarten, children must be four years old in 2014 (born in 2010). For Senior Kindergarten, children must be five years old in 2014 (born in 2009). If your child is currently in JK, you do not need to register again for SK.
*To apply for a birth certificate, follow these steps:
- If you have access to a computer and a major credit card, visit ServiceOntario to complete an on-line application. Submit the form and pay on-line using a credit card. The birth certificate will be delivered to you.
- If you do not have access to a computer, contact your local MPP’s office.
Junior and Senior Kindergarten
The schools listed below offer Full-day Kindergarten (link to Ministry of Education website). Other schools have full-day/alternate day programs. If your local school is not listed below as a full-day site, please contact the principal to find out what is available.
Schools with Full-day Kindergarten
Starting in September 2014
• Breadner Elementary School, Trenton (on CFB Trenton property),
• Foxboro Public School, Foxboro,
• Harmony Public School, Corbyville,
• Harry J. Clarke Public School (Sir Winston Annex), Belleville (east end),
• Hermon Public School, Bancroft,
• Kente Public School, Ameliasburgh,
• Maynooth Public School, Maynooth,
• Sophiasburgh Central School, Picton (north end),
• Tyendinaga Public School, Shannonville, 613-962-4447
Schools with Full-day Kindergarten Today
• Athol-South Marysburgh Public School, Cherry Valley, 613-476-3974
• Bayside Public School, Belleville (west end), 613-962-0694
• Bird's Creek Public School, Bancroft,
• C.M.L. Snider School, Wellington, 613-399-3474
• Coe Hill School, Coe Hill, 613-337-5711
• College Street Public School, Trenton (southeast end), 613-392-4524
• Deseronto Public School, Deseronto, 613-396-2448
• Earl Prentice Public School, Marmora, 613-472-2323
• Frankford Public School, Frankford, 613-398-6425
• Hillcrest School, Belleville (north end),
• Madoc Public School, Madoc, 613-473-2487
• Madoc Township Public School, Madoc, 613-473-2902
• Massassaga-Rednersville Public School,
Belleville (located in north Prince Edward County), 613-962-2717
• North Trenton Public School, Trenton (northwest end), 613-392-6294
• Park Dale School, Belleville (west end), 613-962-1341
• Pinecrest Memorial Elementary School, Bloomfield,
• Prince Charles School, Belleville (southwest end), 613-962-0247
• Prince Charles Public School Trenton, (southwest end),
• Prince of Wales Public School, Belleville (north-central end), 613-968-8321
• Queen Elizabeth Public School, Trenton (central-east end), 613-392-5004
• Queen Elizabeth School, Belleville (east end), 613-968-9173
• Queen Elizabeth School, Picton, 613-476-6475
• Queen Victoria School, Belleville (east end), 613-968-4547
• S.H. Connor School, Tweed, 613-478-2714
• Sir John A. Macdonald School, Belleville (west-central end), 613-962-6400
• Stirling Public School, Stirling,
• Susanna Moodie Elementary School, Belleville (west end),
• V.P. Carswell Elementary School, Trenton (northeast end)
• York River Public School, Bancroft, 613.332-1833
If you have any questions, please contact your local school or call the Education Centre at 613.966.1170 or 1.800.267.4350.