At the heart of the Destinations Programme are strong
curriculum and sound instructional strategies. The
curriculum will have the necessary rigor to prepare
students for the journey to the IB Diploma Programme.
By addressing global issues and the whole learner, this
programme will enhance the Ontario Curriculum for
Grade 7 and 8 students.
A specialized curriculum has been developed for this
programme in the areas of:
• French: Learning activities and performance tasks that
extend the current curriculum with a focus on oral
expressive and receptive communication skills, reading
competency, and grammatical structures.
• Science: Learning activities and open-ended, inquirydriven
labs to allow deeper exploration of concepts.
• Inquiry: Conduct purposeful inquiry and research to develop creative and critical thinking skills.
• Math: Learning activities are based on an enriched
• Organization: Organizational skills are critical to the
success of students in the Destinations Programme.
Students need to manage their materials for
school work, manage their time when completing
assignments, and plan their actions in order to meet the
Parent Information Night
• Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 6:00 p.m. Moira Secondary School Library, for Grade 6 and 7 parents/guardians and students.
• Presentation of the programme, description of the application process (pdf), review of timelines, etc.
• Friday, February 5, 2016.
• Submit applications to Harry J. Clarke Public School, 77 Rollins Drive., Belleville, Main Office.
• Applications and required materials should be placed in an envelope and addressed to: “Destinations Application, c/o Jen Hawkins, Vice Principal.”
February 5th - 10th
• Parents of selected candidates will be contacted and given an interview date and time.
• Tuesday, February 16 and Wednesday, February 17, 2016.