We invite you to 'have your say' at upcoming public meetings
Engaging parents/guardians in the development of school board priorities is an action in the AiM—Achievement in Motion for Student Success System Plan (AiM System Plan). Historically direct input from these groups has been minimal. Yet, parents/guardians are essential partners who play an important role in students being successful at school and in students becoming contributing citizens.
Listen to our radio commercial for community meetings in late March/early April
Regional AiM Community Meetings will provide an opportunity for parents/guardians to:
- meet the area trustee, superintendent and director of education;
- have a voice in school board planning by:
- learning about the 2012-2013 district priorities (current year);
- providing input on the 2013-2014 district priorities; and
- ‘have your say’ by commenting as to whether the school board is on the right track, what it should start doing, stop doing and continue doing.
Invited participants will include school council members from each school and parents/guardians from each school community. School councils will be invited to have their March meeting immediately prior to these meetings on the same date. Requests for accessibility will be accommodated as much as possible.
We welcome you to go to a meeting outside your region if you cannot make it on the scheduled night.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
for all North Hastings
6:30 p.m., North Hastings HS
Thursday, March 21, 2013
for all Centre Hastings schools
6:30 p.m., Centre Hastings SS
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
for all Prince Edward County schools
6:30 p.m., Prince Edward CI
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
for all Belleville schools
6:30 p.m., Quinte SS
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
for all Bayside and Trenton schools
6:30 p.m., Trenton High School
Please contact us with any inquiries
• Rob McGall, Director of Education, extension 2201
• Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, extension 2354
613.966.1170 • 1.800.267.4350