Do you know someone who contributes to student achievement and well-being, and makes Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board A Great Place to Learn and A Great Place to Work! by going the extra mile? Consider nominating them for a Great Place Award!
The Great Place Awards are the highest form of recognition within Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. They honour and celebrate individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to student achievement and well-being. Nominations are accepted for students, employees, families, volunteers and community partners.
When completing a nomination form, please:
- Describe how the individual or group has made a significant contribution to support student achievement and well-being at Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. Include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated the Growing with Character attributes listed below.
- Describe who has benefitted from the activities and how? Describe the effect on student achievement and well-being.
- Nominations will not be accepted from a family member(s); however, a family member(s) may contribute support materials.
||How the attribute is demonstrated through actions
||Demonstrates concern for self and others; shows empathy and expresses genuine concern; considers the long-term effect of actions.
||Works as a team for a common good; values the opinions of others and shows a willingness to work together towards a common goal.
||Chooses to live truthfully; communicates and acts in a sincere and respectful way.
||Celebrates the fun in life; lightens the emotions of others by interacting in a joyful manner.
Does what is right for self and others; demonstrates values and ethics that are good for all; speaks directly, clearly, and respectfully.
||Values self, others and the environment; gives consideration to the thoughts and actions of others; treats others with courtesy and dignity.
||Has a sense of duty to fulfill commitments; takes ownership for own thoughts and actions; is reliable and accountable in words and actions.
||Can be counted on to do what is right; instills confidence in one another through actions.
Nominations will be evaluated on the significance of the individual's or group's demonstration of the Growing with Character attributes, as noted above. The Great Place Awards Committee will evaluate entries based on the nominee’s efforts to go above and beyond what is expected of them in their normal duties. Letters of support, photos, videos, slideshows or podcasts (maximum three minutes), may accompany nominations. A maximum of 10 award recipients will be selected. Nominating a group of individuals counts as one nomination.
Friday, April 21, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: Great Place Awards Committee, Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville, Ontario K9N 3L3
- Fax to: 613.962.1048
- Questions? Call 613.966.1170 or 1.800.267.4350, extension 2354
Process for informing award recipients
Individuals/groups selected to receive a Great Place Award will find out during a visit by committee members to the recipients’ school or workplace during the week of May 1, 2017. Nominators and school administrators or supervisors will be notified in advance.
The official awards presentation will take place at the public Board meeting on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at the Education Centre, Belleville.
Anyone who is involved with HPEDSB can be nominated
Awards are open to all employees, students, families, volunteers, or community partners—anyone who contributes to student achievement and well-being at Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board.
We're here to help!
If you have any questions, please call Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, at 613.966.1170 or 1.800.267.4350, extension 2354, or email email@example.com
Great Place Award Committee members
We appreciate the involvement of the committee members who represent students, parents, employees, parents and the community.
• Delanie Austin, Student Senator, Quinte Secondary School
• Lauren Barry, Student Trustee, Centre Hastings Secondary School
• Geoff Cudmore, The HPE Learning Foundation
• Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer & Committee Chair
• Lee-Anne Kerr, Parent Involvement Committee Chair
• Shelley MacKenzie-Coates, Principal, Centre Hastings Secondary School
• Karen Morrow, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
• Dave Patterson, Trustee
• Steven Payne, Systems Analyst
• Shelley Steele, Safe Schools Supervisor
• Wendy Sutherland, Safe Schools Child & Youth Counsellor
• Susan Sweet, The HPE Learning Foundation
• Doug Thur, President, Hastings & Prince Edward Occasional Teachers’ Local
• Jim Williams, Trustee