This update provides a summary of the special public meeting of Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board held Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at the Education Centre. It is an unofficial summary of the meeting; official minutes will be approved at the next regular meeting in September 2014.
Architectural design services for the new Trenton elementary school
Trustees approved an architectural design services contract for the new Trenton elementary school.
The firm selected is Barry Bryan Associates, which achieved the highest score ranking based on fees, experience with school design, team approach, knowledge of 21st Century design, project management and has provided excellent service on previous projects for HPEDSB, such as the new Harmony Public School in 2014, Trenton High School science labs renovations in 2013, Prince Charles Public School additions and renovations in 2011, and Athol-South Marysburgh Public School additions and renovations in 2011.
The new Trenton elementary school will be built on the site of Queen Elizabeth Public School. The Ministry of Education funding for this project is $11.3 million.
Upcoming public meetings
All meetings take place at the Education Centre unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, September 2: Executive Committee, 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, September 8: Program & Human Resources Committee, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 8: Operations & Finance Committee, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 17: Parent Involvement Committee, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 22: Public Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 24: Audit Committee, 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 25: Special Education Advisory Committee, 5:00 p.m., Quinte Secondary School
For more information, please contact Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org