We are pleased to present the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan for Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board.
Our new strategic plan (pdf) consists of a vision, mission, priorities and goals, all of which are all built on the foundation of our eight Growing with Character attributes: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness. It also aligns with Ministry of Education priorities.
This plan was developed over a number of months in 2015. Input was received from several sources, including employees, students, trustees, parents/guardians and community members. We are most appreciative of everyone who has been part of the planning and review processes. Thank you to all for the ideas, energy and commitment to the planning process.
At HPEDSB we are committed to student achievement and well-being. Each student is an individual with unique interests, goals and strengths. All students have the opportunity to explore the possibilities for today and tomorrow, and move towards graduation from their chosen pathway.
We look forward to honouring and fulfilling the actions in this strategic plan.
2015-2020 Strategic Plan
All students prepared and empowered for the possibilities of today and tomorrow.
We create dynamic, inclusive educational experiences that develop capable, confident, curious learners who thrive and contribute to their communities.
Strategic Priorities & Goals
ACHIEVING EXCELLENCE & EQUITY
• Increase graduation rates and reduce achievement gaps for students not yet at the provincial standard
• Provide programs and services to help each student achieve success
• Support all students to be globally minded learners and leaders
LEARNING & LEADERSHIP
• Involve students, cultivate student leadership and voice
• Collaborate as a learning organization to engage all employees in developing their growth plans
• Implement a renewed succession planning process for school and system leaders
• Ensure effective management of all resources (i.e. human, financial, environmental)
• Operate through good governance
• Be leaders in public education
• Develop the elements of well-being for students and employees collaboratively
• Create welcoming, inclusive and safe learning environments that optimize students’ potential
• Build the capacity of employees to deliver positive social and emotional learning experiences
For more information, please contact:
Director's Office, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2201, firstname.lastname@example.org
AiM System Plan prior to September 2015