Student records and transcript requests
Accessing student records
An Ontario Student Record (OSR) (Pdf) is established for each student who enrolls at a school operated by Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board.
Each student over age 18, or the parent/guardian of a student who is under age 18, may request a meeting to review the contents of the Ontario Student Record (OSR). A request for the correction or removal of information in the OSR from the adult student or parent/guardian of a student under age 18 must be made in writing to the principal.
The Ontario Student Transcript
The Ontario Student Transcript (OST) is an official record that documents a student’s academic progress. It includes the mark received for each course taken, and indicates whether the student completed the 40-hour community service requirement and passed the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test. A transcript is a component of the OSR and is created and managed in accordance with the Ministry of Education OST Manual. Since September 1, 1999, an OST has been established for each student enrolled in an Ontario secondary school course, whether or not the course is being taken for credit.
All graduates receive one diploma and an official transcript at time of graduation. Diplomas and transcripts not distributed during the graduation ceremony will be held at the secondary school for pick up.
How to obtain an Ontario Student Transcript if you are no longer in secondary school and are applying to post-secondary
If you are a former HPEDSB student and are applying to a post-secondary institution (college or university), you may be able to request your transcript electronically as part of your online application. Find out more at Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) or Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).
- EXCEPTIONS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR: If your transcript cannot be processed electronically through OCAS or OUAC as described above, to obtain a student transcript during the school year, please contact the last secondary school you attended. You will need to provide your full name (if you have changed names, please specify your birth name) and your date of birth. A small fee will be charged for this service; the school will confirm the amount. Payment can be made by cash, money order, or certified cheque. Credit cards and Interac payments are not accepted.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Records for BCVIS (Belleville Collegiate and Vocational Institute) are handled through Quinte Adult Education.
- Moira Secondary School was renamed Eastside Secondary School in September 2018. Former Moira Secondary School students should contact Eastside Secondary School to obtain a transcript.
- Quinte Secondary School closed in June 2018. Transcript and student record requests for former Quinte students are handled through Centennial Secondary School.
- EXCEPTIONS DURING THE SUMMER: Schools are closed during July and August. During that time, if your transcript request cannot be fulfilled through OCAS or OUAC as outlined above, please contact Quinte Adult Education.
How to obtain an Ontario Student Transcript for employment purposes
If you require a transcript for employment purposes, please contact the last secondary school you attended. You will need to provide your full name (if you have changed names, please specify your birth name) and your date of birth. A small fee will be charged for this service; the school will confirm the amount. Payment can be made by cash, money order, or certified cheque. Credit cards and Interac payments are not accepted.
- EXCEPTIONS DURING THE SUMMER: Schools are closed during July and August. During that time, please contact Quinte Adult Education.
Transcripts for current students
If you are currently attending high school within HPEDSB and are applying to an Ontario college through OCAS or an Ontario university through OUAC, your transcript information will be forwarded to OCAS or OUAC on your behalf.
If you have any questions, please contact the school office or Curriculum Services at 613.966.1170 or 1.800.267.4340, extension 62308, [email protected]