Register for school
Welcome returning and new students! Thank you for choosing Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB). We look forward to seeing you again—or for the first time—in HPEDSB schools. The first day of school is Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
New to Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board?
How to register
Registration is done by appointment and takes approximately 15 minutes. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
When you visit the school to register, please bring:
- A birth certificate or passport as written proof of the child’s date of birth Government of Ontario School Immunizations Checklist (Pdf) 
- Immunization card. You will be asked to fill out a public health form which will be sent to Hastings Prince Edward Public Health along with a photocopy of the immunization card.
- Precise information about the child’s residence location, including lot, concession, postal code and 911 address.
Elementary schools  will be open during the week of August 28, 2017. Please call the school in advance to arrange a convenient time to register your child.
Secondary schools  will be open for new registrations in August 2017. Please call the school in advance to arrange a convenient time to register your child.
Links and resources
- Busing 
Starting school is an exciting time for young children and their families.
All our elementary schools offer Kindergarten  for Year 1 (JK) and Year 2 (SK).
How to register children for Kindergarten
Registration is done by appointment and takes approximately 15 minutes. Please contact the school office  to arrange an appointment.
When visiting the school to register, please bring:
- Birth certificate or passport as official proof of the child’s date of birth and legal name*
- Immunization card
- Precise information about the residence location, including lot, concession, postal code, and 911 address
- Legal custody orders, if applicable
For Junior Kindergarten, children must be four years old in 2017 (born in 2013). For Senior Kindergarten, children must be five years old in 2017 (born in 2012). If your child is currently in Year 1 (JK), you do not need to register again for Year 2 (SK).
*To apply for a birth certificate, follow these steps:
- If you have access to a computer and a major credit card, visit ServiceOntario to complete an on-line application. Submit the form and pay on-line using a credit card. The birth certificate will be delivered to you.
- If you do not have access to a computer, contact your local MPP’s office.
Copyright © 2017 HPEDSB Board Site. All rights reserved.
Address: 156 Ann Street, Belleville, Ontario, Canada K8N 3L3 Phone: +1 613 966-1170 Toll-free: +1 800 267-4350 Fax: +1 613 961-2003
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Email: email@example.com