Register for school
Welcome returning and new students! Thank you for choosing Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB). We look forward to seeing you again—or for the first time—in HPEDSB schools.
Before beginning registration, visit the website of our transportation partner Tri-Board Student Transportation Services to verify the school your child will attend. This will be your child’s home school.
How to provide the required documentation to finalize school registration
Once you have completed the registration form, please contact the school office to arrange a day/time to provide the following required documentation to the school:
- a birth certificate or passport as written proof of the child’s date of birth;
- student’s immunization card. You will be asked to fill out a public health form which will be sent to Hastings Prince Edward Public Health along with a photocopy of the immunization card Government of Ontario School Immunizations Checklist (Pdf);
- confirmation of the parent/guardian name and home address, such as a current Agreement of Purchase and Sale; current home phone/cable/internet invoice; current utility invoice; current property tax notice; current lease agreement; and
- legal custody orders, if applicable.
For in-person appointments during the summer, please be aware that elementary and secondary schools are closed during July and most of August. Elementary schools will be open during the week of August 29, 2022; secondary schools will be open the week of August 22, 2022. In the meantime, we welcome you to register your child for school using the online form referenced above.
Links and resources
- Procedure 527: Student Admissions and Tuition Fees and related forms