Students are taught French as a subject and French serves as the language of instruction in two or more other subjects.
Academic and Applied courses in French Immersion are available in Grades 9 and 10, and university preparation and open courses in Grades 11 and 12.
In the French Immersion program, students accumulate 10 credits in French: four are for French as a Second Language courses; six are for other subjects in which French is the language of instruction. Students who successfully complete their 10 credits receive a French Immersion certificate.
Links and resources
- Program information sessions for September 2019 (Pdf) 
- General program information (Pdf) 
- Pre-registration form for September 2019 (Pdf) 
- Supporting Your Child’s Success in French Immersion and Extended French – A Parent Guide (Pdf) 
French Immersion program is offered at:
- Bayside Public School 
- Harry J Clarke Public School 
- Madoc Public School 
- Prince Charles Public School (Trenton) 
- Prince Edward Collegiate Institute – Elementary 
View all programs