Situated in the heart of the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board serves approximately 15,000 students each day at 40 schools. Supporting student achievement is the goal of approximately 1,650 teaching and support staff who, in addition to the contributions of caring volunteers and community partners, share their passion for teaching and learning.
The district is bordered by Maynooth to the north, Deseronto to the east, Prince Edward County to the south and Quinte West to the west. The region connects the rugged outdoors with welcoming villages; small town spirit with lakeside solitude. Discover decades of tradition mixed with new and emerging technology, creativity and innovation. Surround yourself with 1,200 km of shoreline in vibrant cities and towns accessible by highway and rail (1.5 hours to Toronto, 2 hours to Ottawa). Explore wilderness trails and sandy beaches, experience world-class fishing, enjoy exquisite culinary experiences and dozens of wineries. Perfect your golf swing at 23 golf courses, or take in Canadian arts and heritage attractions. Create your own sense of place and picture yourself here.
HPEDSB is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available, upon request, during all phases of the recruitment process.
Information is collected under the authority of the Education Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for employment.
- No available jobs at this time.
Occasional Teaching positions
- French Occasional Teachers
- Elementary and Secondary Occasional Teachers
- Occasional Teachers – French as a Second Language and Technology
Apply to Education is an on-line application system for teachers to manage their teaching portfolio, view job postings and permit multiple School Boards to view. External teaching applicants must complete an application online through Apply to Education. Current job postings may be viewed at Apply to Education.
Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board encourages applicants to sign-up for the ‘Job Alert’ feature through Apply to Education in order to be notified of the HPEDSB job posting opportunities.
Support staff/managerial positions
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement, per article 3.04(6), applications received from employees currently in our casual pools will be considered on the basis of: aggregate service with the Board; qualifications; experience; and Principal or Supervisor recommendation. HPEDSB does not maintain a database of applicants or retain unsolicited resumes.
These positions are available to all external applicants and HPEDSB casual staff.
- Clerical Staff (Schools): Casual Pool
- Educational Assistant – Northern (Bancroft) Area (Casual Pool)
- Educational Assistants – multiple positions (Casual Pool)
- Business Systems Analyst – closing: September 26, 2021
- Temporary Communicative Disorders Assistant
- Temporary Technical Support Assistant – closing: September 19, 2021
- Custodial Positions (multiple)
- Supervisor of Purchasing (Temporary) – closing: September 19, 2021
- Designated Early Childhood Educator (Casual Pool)