Board Meeting Update #125, December 7, 2015
This update provides a summary of the Annual Meeting of Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board held Monday, December 7, 2015 at the Education Centre. It is an unofficial summary of the meeting; official minutes will be approved at the next meeting in January 2016.
Director of Education Mandy Savery-Whiteway reviewed the process for elections as described in Board Policy No. 2: Governance By-laws and Standing Rules, and also reviewed the committees as described in Board Policy No. 11: Committees of the Board.
Superintendents Trish FitzGibbon and Leslie Miller were appointed as scrutineers for the chair and vice-chair elections.
Election of Chair of the Board
Dwayne Inch, trustee was re-elected as Chair of the Board.
Election of Vice-chair of the Board
|Dwayne Inch, re-elected Chair of the Board Lucille Kyle, re-elected Vice-chair of the Board||Lucille Kyle was re-elected as Vice-chair of the Board.|
TRUSTEE MEMBERSHIP ON STANDING, STATUTORY & ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEES
Trustees selected membership on standing committees. For 2016, standing committees will consist of the following members:
Program and Human Resources Committee
- Mike Brant, Justin Bray, Jennifer Cobb, Bonnie Danes, Mary Hall, Dwayne Inch, Lucille Kyle, Dave Patterson and Jim Williams.
- Student trustees Lauren Barry and Morgan Hillier are also members. The Chair will be Jennifer Cobb. The Vice-chair will be Mary Hall.
Operations and Finance Committee
- Tom Biniaris, Mike Brant, Justin Bray, Bonnie Danes, Mary Hall, Dwayne Inch and Dave Patterson. Student trustees Lauren Barry and Morgan Hillier are also members. The Chair will be
- Bonnie Danes. The Vice-chair will be Justin Bray.
Representative to the Board of Directors for the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association
- Dave Patterson will be the representative to the Board of Directors for the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA). Mary Hall will be the alternate.
Consists of the Chair, Vice-chair, above-noted standing committee chairs and the OPSBA representative, plus one additional member. Mary Hall will be the sixth member.
Consists of all Board members
Student Enrolment/School Capacity Committee
Consists of all Board members. The Chair will be Mary Hall. The Vice-chair will be Jennifer Cobb.
Trustees selected membership on statutory committees. For 2016, statutory committees will consist of the following members:
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
Lucille Kyle and Dave Patterson. The two alternate members will be Tom Biniaris and Mary Hall.
- Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL) Committee
Mike Brant and Jim Williams. Tom Biniaris will be the alternate.
- Audit Committee
- Jennifer Cobb, Bonnie Danes and Dave Patterson
- Accessibility Committee
- Jennifer Cobb
- Parent Involvement Committee
- Mary Hall. Lucille Kyle will be the alternate.
- Student Discipline Committee
- Consists of all Board members
Trustees selected membership on administrative committees. For 2016, administrative committees will consist of the following members:
- Aboriginal Education Steering Committee
Mike Brant and Lucille Kyle
- Equity and Inclusivity Advisory Committee
Mike Brant and Lucille Kyle
- Great Place Awards Committee
Jennifer Cobb and Bonnie Danes
- Instructional Technology Advisory Committee
Tom Biniaris and Justin Bray
- Leadership Development Steering Committee
Mary Hall and Jim Williams
- Safe Schools Advisory Committee
- Specialist High Skills Majors Advisory Committee
- External committees
Food for Learning Partnership
All meetings take place at the Education Centre unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, January 4, 2016: Executive Committee, 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, January 11: Program and Human Resources Committee, 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, January 11: Operations and Finance Committee, 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 25: Public Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 28: Special Education Advisory Committee, 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 3: Parent Involvement Committee, 6:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, extension 2354, email@example.com