Two renovated schools to open by end of September
Renewing schools is one of the priorities of Hastings and Prince District School Board. Renovations are made in order to provide modern, safe facilities for students and staff.
Two schools which underwent renovations this summer will open on Tuesday, September 27, 2011. Finishing touches are being put on Sir John A. Macdonald School and York River Public School. As of that date, all students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 will be located at the renovated and expanded schools.
“We’re very excited about bringing all students and staff together at the newly-renovated and expanded schools,” remarked Rob McGall, Director of Education. “Both are first-class facilities with extensive renovations and upgrades to support student learning.”
In order to accommodate the moves, the following applies all students of Sir John A. Macdonald School, 22 Harder Drive, Belleville, and York River Public School, 132 Newkirk Boulevard, Bancroft.
- Thursday, September 22 will be the last day of operation at the former Bancroft Public and Sir Mackenzie Bowell sites.
- On Friday, September 23, which is a PA Day, school staff will prepare for the move.
- On Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25, all equipment will be moved and set-up.
- On Monday, September 26, school staff will prepare classrooms to receive students. There will be no classroom instruction that day at Sir John A. Macdonald School and York River Public School. Both schools will be closed to students. Buses for those schools will be cancelled. Parents/guardians will need to make childcare arrangements for that day.
- On Tuesday, September 27, the normal school day will resume for all students at the two newly-renovated schools. Buses will run and will be routed to the newly-renovated schools.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, email@example.com