Students at Centennial Secondary School  are looking forward to “Sports Day in Canada” on Thursday, September 27, 2012.
The day will begin with a Terry Fox Run at 8:50 a.m. It is an annual event and fundraiser for the Terry Fox Foundation involving the whole school. CSS will then host two soccer games for boys, two rugby games for girls and two football games. In addition, a ceremony to thank and recognize the family who donated the electronic scoreboard for the CSS field will begin at 1:40 p.m.
“It’s going to be a day of fun activities. We’re thrilled to be able to publicly recognize and thank the family who donated our new scoreboard,” said Ian Press, Principal, Centennial Secondary School.
Soccer, rugby and football games
- Senior boys soccer vs. Bayside Secondary School at 8:00 a.m.
- Junior boys soccer vs. Bayside Secondary School at 9:30 a.m.
- Junior girls rugby vs. Trenton High School at 11:00 a.m.
- Senior girls rugby vs. Trenton School at 12:00 p.m.
- Scoreboard Recognition Ceremony at 1:40 p.m.
- Senior football vs. Moira Secondary School at 2:00 p.m.
- Junior football vs. Moira Secondary School at 4:00 p.m.
According to ParticipACTION, Sports Day in Canada, now in its third year, is a national celebration of sport, from grassroots to high-performance levels, in communities across the country. Sports Day in Canada is presented by CBC Sports, Radio-Canada Sports, ParticipACTION and True Sport, working with national sporting organizations and their networks of coaches, athletes and enthusiasts across the country. It’s an opportunity for all Canadians to celebrate the power of sport to build community, fortify our national spirit and facilitate healthy, active living.In 2011, 1300 organizations and nearly one million Canadians “got in the game” and took part.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]