Second annual Girls’ Retreat at Bayside Secondary School
Girls at Bayside Secondary School are looking forward to a ‘girls only’ event! The second annual girls’ retreat, Girl Power 2011, will involve approximately 90 girls from Grade 8 to 12, on Wednesday, May 4.
The purpose of the day is to provide students with an environment in which they can feel empowered to explore issues important to young women today.
- Personal trainer Jillian Raycroft will begin the day with a focus on healthy active living by leading everyone in a hip-hop exercise routine.
- Students from drama classes will present several skits on making healthy choices when it comes to relationships.
- Keynote speaker, Kate Whitfield of “Empowered Girl Inc.” will challenge the girls to stand up for themselves and to reach for their dreams.
- The morning session will conclude with demonstrations from local skin care representatives.
- After a lunch catered by Mrs. Dauchlauer’s Foods students, Girl Power participants will cycle through booths on a variety of topics including nutrition, girls’ health issues, esthetics, and non-traditional careers such as auto mechanics, the military and law enforcement.
This event would not be possible without the contributions of many local businesses and educational partners.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]