Congratulations to Quinte Secondary School  which will be presented with a provincial award this evening. QSS is one of six Ontario schools to receive a Dr. Bette M. Stephenson Recognition of Achievement. The award was established in April 2009 by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) as a tribute to Dr. Stephenson’s lifelong commitment and contribution to education.
Quinte Secondary School is being honoured for efforts over many years and use of EQAO results to improve student learning through the following:
- use of provincial assessment results as evidence contributing to school improvement planning;
- support for student achievement;
- leadership, proactive initiatives, positive attitudes and sincere efforts to help each child succeed;
- an action plan based on the unique school circumstances; and
- work toward improved student outcomes.
Superintendent of Education Jan Montgomery, Principal Lisa Vincent and a team of teachers will attend the awards presentation on behalf of Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board and the school.
Quinte Secondary School has a strong history of excellence, innovative programming for all students and a continued commitment to improvement. QSS also has a proud and committed staff and student body. The school motto, To Learn is to Grow in All Ways reflects the commitment to all students.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354.