With the date of Ontario municipal elections nearing, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute (PECI) will be hosting an all-candidate panel presentation. The goal of this event is to increase the awareness and participation of young people in their community and local issues. It can also lead to more discussion between young people and their families about current community issues.
To accommodate the whole student body, the PECI event will take place twice on Wednesday, October 20, 2010
- from 11:50 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; and
- from 1:20 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
All six mayoral candidates have confirmed their attendance.
This event is being held in conjunction with the provincial Student Vote initiative in which students across the province participate in a mock version of their municipal election. (See www.studentvote.ca for more details.)
Prince Edward Collegiate Institute (PECI) is a community high school located in Picton, Ontario serving over 800 students from across Prince Edward County. With a strong academic program, a wide variety of athletic and extra-curricular activities, and excellent facilities, PECI continues a 50+-year tradition of serving all students living in Prince Edward County to ensure their success in the world.
For more information, please contact:
• Civics teachers Sarah Vader firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Tripp email@example.com, or
• Canada & World Studies Department Head Marian Moon firstname.lastname@example.org, or
• Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, email@example.com