Parents/guardians are invited to an evening seminar with Dr. Karyn Gordon.
‘Dr. Karyn’ is one of North America’s leading authorities on understanding youth and Generation Y (ages 8-27). She is a corporate / family consultant, motivational speaker, media personality (expert on the national TV show, The Mom Show) and author of several books including her latest, “Dr. Karyn’s Guide to the Teen Years” (published by Harper Collins).
This 75-minute keynote, will address:
- What is exceptional leadership? What are basic leadership skills?
- How is leadership developed? Is it learned or innate?
- What are different types of leaders? Who do pre-teens / teens see as leaders’?
- How does leadership impact a pre-teen’s / teen’s self-esteem, social skills,
creativity, motivation, discipline and problem solving skills?
- What do current business leaders say they find lacking in this generation when it comes to their leadership skills & character?
- What are SIMPLE things parents can start doing today (with their children as young as pre-school) to start developing their leadership potential!
Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
Location: Moira Secondary School, 275 Farley Avenue, Belleville
Tickets: $5, available from Harry J. Clarke Public School, 613-969-0140
For information, please contact:
• Stacey Bélanger, Principal, Harry J. Clarke Public School, 613-969-0140