Kindergarten registration for 2009-2010 school year
Welcome to Kindergarten!
Starting school is an exciting time for young children and their families. Although September seems like a long way off, it is important to register children now so that planning can begin for teachers and classes. HPEDSB schools offer alternate day or half day programs for Junior and Senior Kindergarten.
|It’s a time of new discoveries||Newspaper ad (pdf, 200kb)|
The Kindergarten program exposes children to multi-sensory activities in the areas of:
• Personal and social development
• Visual arts
• Science and technology
• Health and physical activity
How to register children for kindergarten
Registration is done by appointment and takes approximately 15 minutes. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
When visiting the school to register, please bring:
1. Birth certificate or passport as official proof of the child’s date of birth.*
2. Immunization records from the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit.
3. Precise information about the residence location, including lot, concession, postal code, and 911 address.
4. Name and address of the home owner.
5. Legal custody orders, if applicable.
For Junior Kindergarten, children must be four years old in 2009 (born in 2005). For Senior Kindergarten, children must be five years old in 2009 (born in 2004). If your child is currently in JK, you do not need to register again for SK.
*To apply for a birth certificate, follow these steps:
1. If you have access to a computer and a major credit card, visit ServiceOntario to complete an on-line application. Submit the form and pay on-line using a credit card. The birth certificate will be delivered to you.
2. If you do not have access to a computer, contact your local MPP’s office.
If you have any other questions, please contact your local school.