Members of the 2012-2013 Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) were elected at the PIC annual general meeting held Tuesday, October 23, 2012.
2012-2013 Executive members
- Chair: Paul Covert
- Vice-chair: Heather Zantingh
- Secretary: Diane Bolton
- Community representatives: Lisa Lalonde, Dave MacMullen and Bridget Stevenson
2012-2013 Regional representatives
- Belleville and Thurlow: Debbie Royle, plus another representative to be determined
- Sidney and Frankford: Diana Lauzon
- Centre Hastings: Lee-Anne Kerr
- North Hastings: Connie Fowler
- North Prince Edward: Jenn Wilson
- South Prince Edward: Lee Swackhammer
- Southeast Hastings: to be determined
- Trenton: to be determined
- Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory: to be determined
According to the publication Planning Parent Engagement, A Guidebook for Parents and Schools, when parents are engaged in their child’s learning, students do better in school and everyone benefits. Parents find it easier to help their child learn. Teachers and principals are better supported and enjoy positive relationships with students.
The HPEDSB Parent Involvement Committee is committed to supporting active parent engagement in schools. The PIC promotes successful practices for managing effective school councils.
The PIC is a parent-led committee of the board established in accordance with provincial legislation. The committee mandate is to support, encourage and enhance parent engagement at the board level in order to improve student achievement and well-being. The PIC also engages with school councils at each school.
Congratulations to the new Executive!
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, email@example.com