EVENT: Inclusive Education Symposium, Wed., May 5
The Inclusive Education Symposium is for school and community members. Symposium events will provide participants with ideas and strategies to support students who are from various backgrounds to feel comfortable, accepted and respected in school and the community.
- Discover innovative ways to create inclusive communities.
- Network and exchange ideas about how to enhance learning environments for students to live, achieve and learn.
DATE: Wednesday, May 5, 2010
TIME: 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (light supper)
LOCATION: Moira Secondary School, 275 Farley Avenue, Belleville
There is no charge for this event.
- Opening remarks – Kathy Soule, Director of Education, Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Inclusive education strategies – Martin Smit, System Principal, Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- “Reflections of Erin, The Importance of Belonging, Relationships, and Learning with Each Other” – Barbara McKenzie, Author and Inclusive Education Consultant/Presenter
- “The Ambition of an Aspie” – Jay Serdula, on the topic of his quest to swim across Lake Ontario for Asperger Research
- Presentation by international students from Centennial Secondary School
- Inclusive education drama presentation by Moira Secondary School students
Thank you to the following organizations for providing support for this event:
- Community Living, Picton
- Plainfield Community Homes
- Quinte Immigrant Services
Space is limited. All are welcome to attend.
Register online by Thursday, April 29 at: sweb.hpedsb.on.ca:8005/registration/index.cfm
- Colleen DeMille, System Principal, 613-966-1170 or 1-800-267-4350, extension 2414, email@example.com
- Barbara Huizenga, Administrative Assistant, 613-966-1170 or 1-800-267-4350, extension 2204, firstname.lastname@example.org