Congratulations to Great Place Award recipients
Congratulations to 13 individuals who support student achievement and who are held in high esteem through their demonstration of Growing with Character.
8th Annual Great Place Awards
The Great Place Awards are the highest form of recognition within Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. These prestigious awards recognize outstanding contributions by students, staff, parents and guardians, and community partners.
The 2009 Great Place Award recipients are:
• Garrett Carleton and Rick Scero, Custodial Team, Madoc Public School
• Nancy Chatten, Volunteer from Quinte Health Care Corp., for Secondary School Co-op Students
• Russell & Suzanne Doxtator, Volunteers, Frankford Public School
• Dolores Hachey, Teacher, Tyendinaga Public School
• Barbara Hoover, Grandparent/Volunteer, Bancroft Public School
• Blair & Kim Johnston, Volunteers, Queen Victoria School
• Carmen Knapp, Volunteer, Prince Charles School (Belleville)
• Kelly MacKay, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
• Bill Tomlinson, Teacher, Centennial Secondary School
• Joanne White, Educational Assistant, Bird’s Creek Public School
“It’s a tremendous honour to receive a Great Place Award. The committee had the challenging task of reviewing nominations for staff, community partners, parents/guardians and volunteers. It’s wonderful to see the mix of community members and staff this year. All recipients are known to model the district character attributes,” remarked trustee Thelma Goodfellow, who made a special trip to each site to congratulate award recipients.
Award recipients will be recognized and presented with their award at a public Board meeting, as follows:
Date: Monday, June 15, 2009
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
The Great Place Awards Committee received 26 nominations representing employees, volunteers, parents and guardians, and community partners. The nomination criteria was aligned with the Board’s eight character attributes: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board serves approximately 16,800 students each day at 46 elementary and eight secondary schools. Supporting student achievement is the goal of approximately 1,800 teaching and support staff who, in addition to the contributions of caring volunteers and community partners, share their passion for teaching and learning. The district covers a wide geographical area of 7,221 square kilometres bordered by Maynooth to the north, Deseronto to the east, Prince Edward County to the south and Quinte West to the west.
Posted June 2, 2009
– 30 –
For information, contact:
• Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613 966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, ext. 2354.