Commend the 2011 Great Place Award recipients
Congratulations to nine individuals who support student success and who are held in high esteem through their demonstration of Growing with Character.
10th Annual Great Place Awards
The Great Place Awards are the highest form of recognition within Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. These prestigious awards recognize outstanding contributions by students, staff, parents and guardians, and community partners.
The 2011 Great Place Award recipients are:
- Robin Baranyai, Parent, C.M.L. Snider School
- Melanie Boniface, Secretary, Stirling Primary School
- Scott Boyd, Teacher, Bayside Public School
- Dot Burshaw, Secretary, Education Centre
- Jennifer Cooke and Stacey Wagner, Teachers, Sir John A. Macdonald School
- Cindy Kearns, School Council Chair and Parent Volunteer, Madoc Township Public School
- JoAnne Peckham, Teacher, College Street Public School
- Jim West, Teacher, Moira Secondary School
“The nominations submitted for the Great Place Awards were all impressive. The recipients are representatives of our education system who are each committed to the well-being of students,” said Mary Hall, trustee representative and vice-chair of the Board.
Award recipients will be recognized and presented with their award at a public Board meeting, as follows:
Date: Monday, June 20, 2011
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
The Great Place Awards Committee received 19 nominations representing students, employees, volunteers, and parents/guardians. The nomination criteria aligns with the Board’s eight character attributes: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
Thank you to the Great Place Awards Committee for their respectful and caring review of the nominations:
- Karen Chow, Elementary Occasional Teacher Representative
- Paul Covert, Parent Representative
- Mary Hall, Trustee Representative
- Sarah Langridge, Student, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Sue McKeown, Office Supervisor, Centre Hastings Secondary School, Administrative Support Group Representative
- Karen Morrow, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School and OSSTF Representative
- Steven Payne, Systems Analyst, CUPE Representative
- Tonia Shelmerdine, Vice-principal, Stirling Primary School, Ontario Principals’ Council Representative
- Emily Tezlaff, Student Trustee, Trenton High School
Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board serves approximately 15,700 students each day at 46 elementary and eight secondary schools. Supporting student achievement is the goal of approximately 1,900 teaching and support staff who, in addition to the contributions of caring volunteers and community partners, share their passion for teaching and learning. The district covers a wide geographical area of 7,221 square kilometres bordered by Maynooth to the north, Deseronto to the east, Prince Edward County to the south and Quinte West to the west.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org