“Celebrate Play” comes to Belleville, Sunday, June 3, 2012
“Celebrate Play” is for children ages 3 to 13 and their families.
Imagine hundreds of children and adults building with blocks, or creating art and sculptures with paint, clay and mud. That is what you will see and experience at an event to promote play and the messages that everyone can play, play is affordable, fun, active and accessible.
DATE: Sunday, June 3, 2012
TIME: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Zwick’s Park, Belleville
This event is free of charge. Registration is not required. Feel free to bring your own refreshments as food/drink vendors will not be on-site.
event brochure and map (pdf, 1Mb, 11″ by 17″ size)
As the name implies, Celebrate Play will celebrate the importance of play-based learning. Children and adults will experience play first-hand at 15 play centres, through pavilion performances and a story corner. Maps of the play centres and events will be available.
- 15+ play centres hosted by:
- Abigail’s Learning Centre Inc.
- Belleville Public Library
- Belleville Theatre Guild
- City of Belleville
- Family Space/Ontario Early Years Centre
- Glanmore National Historic Site
- Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit
- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Loyalist College Early Childhood Education Program
- Ontario Health and Physical Education Educators
- Quinte Health Care Preschool Speech and Language
- Quinte Ballet School
- Trenton Military Family Resource Centre
- Visual Artist Anne MacInnis
- Young Imaginations
- Story corner
- Performances by Jonathan and Noelle Maracle, Andrew Queen, Fiddleheads, and YMCA Get Up! Get Active!
- Play Doctors: advisors, instructional leaders
Site volunteers and St. John Ambulance will be on-site. Security and washroom facilities will also be available.
This event is hosted by the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) in Hastings-Prince Edward together with education partners Abigail’s Learning Centre, Family Space/Ontario Early Years Centre, Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board, Loyalist College Early Childhood Education Program, the YMCA and others. This event is modelled after the very successful Ultimate Block Party held in Toronto’s Fort York in June 2011.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org