In the event of inclement weather, bus cancellations or delays will be posted on the Tri-Board Student Transportation Services  Web site (triboard.ca ). Cancellations or delays will be posted as early as possible in the morning and updated daily. Tri-Board Student Transportation Services serves an area from Algonquin Park in the north west to Trenton in the south west and from Sharbot Lake in the north east to Gananoque in the south east. Weather patterns can certainly vary from one area to another.
Unless otherwise determined by the directors of education, all schools within the Tri-Board jurisdiction will remain open. This includes schools of the following districts:
- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
- Limestone District School Board
- Conseil des ecoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Conseil des ecoles Catholiques de Langue Francaise du Centre-Est (Kingston area)
When buses are cancelled in the mornings
The following applies when buses are cancelled::
- If a bus route has been cancelled for the morning run, the bus is cancelled for the whole day. Parents/guardians will be responsible for the return transportation for any student dropped off at school.
- When a bus does not travel in the morning due to heavy fog and the fog clears during the day, the bus will pick up students in the afternoon for the return journey.
Login to the Tri-Board Web site to check bus cancellations
Parents/guardians and school personnel are encouraged to log into the Tri-Board Web site to check any cancellations and delays caused by weather or mechanical problems.
To view route status:
- Go online to triboard.ca 
- Click on “Bus Cancellations” or click on “view” in the message line to access a list of all routes.
a) select a school and view the status of all routes into that school, OR
b) type in a bus number and view the status of that individual bus route.
- Click on the “sign up” button on our home page to receive an email notification of delays or cancellations pertaining to the bus(es) that you sign up for.
– 30 –
For more information, contact:
• Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, (613) 966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354
• Tri-Board Student Transportation Services, 1 866 569-6638