Starting September 2010, all school boards in Ontario must establish a Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) if one is not already in place. The PIC is a formal structure and an important advisory body. It, along with school councils, encourage the grassroots support of parents at the local and community level.
In Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board, the PIC meets monthly and also has an annual meeting, as outlined below.
Parent Involvement Committee Annual Meeting
DATE: Tuesday, October 26, 2010
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION*: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
- Welcome and introductions, June Rogers, Superintendent of Education, Special Education Services
- AiM System Plan overview, Kathy Soule, Director of Education
- Roles of the Parent Involvement Committee Executive, June Rogers
- Explanation of the role of a Parent Involvement Committee member, Lisa Lalonde, current PIC member
- Parent Involvement Committee Executive elections, June Rogers
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Panel Presentation by school board personnel and community members
*Participation is also available through live video-conference at:
- Centre Hastings Secondary School
- North Hastings High School
- Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Trenton High School
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, email@example.com