Inviting applications to become a student trustee
April 12, 2022—Students who are in Grade 10 or 11 now—and will be in Grade 11 or 12 in September—are invited to apply to become a student trustee for the 2022-2023 school year. Read on to find out more . . .
- How many student trustee positions are available?
- There are currently two student trustee positions available for 2022-2023
- One is an open position, and one is a position for a student who identifies as Indigenous
- Who can apply to be a student trustee?
- Students who are currently in grade 10 and 11 (who will be in grades 11 and 12 next year) can apply to be a student trustee
- What does a student trustee do?
- The application process
- Applications are due Tuesday, April 19, 2022, by 9:00 AM
- Email applications to Megan Adam, [email protected]
- Include (copy) your school principal or vice-principal on the application email
- When and how will student trustees be selected?
- Student trustees will be elected by their Student Voice peers at an online meeting on Thursday, April 21, 2022.
- All applicants must plan on attending this meeting (the link will be sent week of meeting)
How to apply to become a student trustee
Please answer the following question using the method of your choice (written, video, voice note, slideshow)
- Why would you like to be a student trustee with the Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board?
- Discuss your lived, living, leadership, volunteer, and other experiences to support your answer.
- Include your name, preferred pronouns, school, current grade and indicate if you are applying for the open student trustee position, or the position for a student who identifies as Indigenous
- Submit your application to Megan Adam, [email protected] by 9:00 AM on Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Also copy your principal or vice-principal(s) on the email
For more information, please contact Megan Adam, Staff Coordinator, [email protected]