Congratulations to Governor General’s Academic Medal recipients for 2021-2022
July 6, 2022—Congratulations to seven secondary school students who are recipients of the Governor General’s Academic Medal.
- Amy MacLean, Bayside Secondary School
- Sophie Clark, Centennial Secondary School
- Delaney Stoltz, Central Hastings School
- Alisha Haseeb, Eastside Secondary School
- Gwendolyn Beauchamp, North Hastings High School
- Emily Stasiw, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Zachary Nastatos, Trenton High School
Since 1873, the Governor General’s Academic Medal has recognized the outstanding scholastic achievements of students in Canada. It has become one of the most prestigious awards that a student in a Canadian educational institution can receive. The medal is awarded to the student graduating with the highest average from a high school, college or university.
Pierre Trudeau, Tommy Douglas, Kim Campbell, Robert Bourassa, Robert Stanfield and Gabrielle Roy are past recipients.
Medals are presented on behalf of the Governor General by participating educational institutions, along with personalized certificates signed by the Governor General. There is no monetary award associated with the award.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications & Public Relations Manager, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 62354, [email protected]