May 2, 2019—Parents/guardians are invited to an event about mental health and well-being (Pdf)  for kids.
DATES & LOCATIONS
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute, Picton
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019, Prince Charles Public School, Trenton
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019, York River Public School, Bancroft
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019, Centre Hastings Secondary School, Madoc
TIME: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Keynote presentation by Leslie Ford
Leslie Ford is a local child and youth worker certified in therapeutic crisis intervention and with 35 years of experience in child development. She works with families assisting children with
high needs behavior at home and school, and works with parents for parenting training.
Topics covered will include:
- Maintaining eye contact and avoiding shouting
- Working with rewards and incentives
- Understanding and handling school versus home behaviour
- Navigating the school system
- Managing screen time
Participants will learn about building relationships at home, school and in the community, with a focus on understanding the mental health and well-being of children.
School councils in four schools are taking turns hosting a regional event which is open to any parents/guardians, employees or community members.
Seating is limited, please register online or by phone at 613-966-1170, extension 62100.
This event is hosted by the Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) which received a $5,000 Parents Reaching Out (PRO) Grant from the Ministry of Education.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 62354, [email protected]