Invitation to apply to become an external member of the Audit Committee
July 24, 2019—Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board is seeking one community member with financial expertise and business knowledge to serve on the Audit Committee for a 3-year term, effective November 6, 2019.
The Audit Committee is comprised of three trustees and two independent members from the community at large. The primary role of the Audit Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its duties related to governance and oversight.
Audit Committee duties
- The financial reporting process, internal control framework
- Risk management practices
- Performance and function of the board’s internal and external auditors
- The board’s compliance with its obligations under legislation
The committee meets at least three times a year, plus ad hoc meetings, as required. Induction training
material is available to all committee members online in order to clarify roles and responsibilities of
audit committees for the school board sector.
- Applicants must have sufficient accounting, senior financial management or other relevant business
experience to understand public sector accounting and auditing standards
- Applicants must not be a current employee or officer of HPEDSB or of any other school board or
- Applicants must not have a parent, child or spouse currently employed by HPEDSB
Interested candidates can submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Nick Pfeiffer, Superintendent of Business Services
156 Ann Street
Belleville, ON K8N 3L3
or by email to Carmel Lessard, Administrative Assistant, Business Services, [email protected]
The deadline to submit is Monday, August 26, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
For more information, contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications & Privacy Manager, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 62354, [email protected]