Congratulations to the 2019 Great Place Awards recipients
May 16, 2019—Congratulations to Great Place Awards recipients who contribute to student achievement and well-being, and who are held in high esteem through their demonstration of the Growing with Character attributes.
The Great Place Awards are the highest recognition at Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. These prestigious awards recognize outstanding contributions by students, employees, parents and guardians, and community partners.
The 2019 Great Place Award recipients are:
- Lisa Fraser, Teacher, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Shawn Grant, Custodian, Hermon Public School
- Kate Hanna, Volunteer, Prince Charles Public School (Trenton)
- John Jenkins, Volunteer/Community Soccer Coach, Bayside Secondary School
- Dan Joly, Constable, Belleville Police Service
- Richard Long, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
- Jay Noack, Teacher, Trenton High School
- Angela Reid, Secretary, Coe Hill School
- Matthew Sheahan, Teacher, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
Award recipients will be honoured and presented with their award at a public Board meeting, as follows:
Date: Monday, May 27, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
The Great Place Awards Committee received 12 nominations representing employees, volunteers and community partners. The nomination criteria aligns with the eight Growing with Character attributes: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
Specifics of each person’s contributions will be shared during the awards ceremony.
Thank you to the Great Place Awards Committee for their respectful and caring review of the nominations:
- Shannon Binder, Trustee, Southeast Hastings
- Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, Committee Chair
- Michelle Hicks, Secretary, Facility Services
- Lucille Kyle, Trustee, North Hastings
- Rob Lake, Principal, Marmora Public School
- Meera Moorthy, Student Senator, Eastside Secondary School
- Karen Morrow, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
- Wendy Sutherland, Applied Behaviour Analysis Coordinator
- Susan Sweet, Chair, The HPE Learning Foundation
- Doug Thur, President, Hastings & Prince Edward Occasional Teachers’ Local
- Tanya Whittaker, Principal, Queen Elizabeth School
- Emma Zantingh, Student Senator, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Lee-Ann Kerr, Co-chair, Parent Involvement Committee
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 62354, [email protected]