May 25, 2017—The Ministry of Education has secured a team of researchers who will engage with students, parents/guardians and families, teaching and non-teaching staff, Indigenous communities, organizations and partners, and school boards to gather feedback and input to inform the development of the Third Progress Report on the implementation of the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education Policy Framework.
As part of the data collection process, feedback will be collected through an online survey and online focus groups. The survey is intended to capture the successes and help to identify promising practices and opportunities to provide further support to enhance the achievement and well-being of Indigenous students.
Key points about the survey (as shared by the research team) include the following:
- Participation in this survey is voluntary.
- This survey is confidential. That means that all answers will be combined anonymously (without any identifying information) with the answers received from other participants. No one who sees the answers will be able to link them to any individual person.
- We will respect the data sharing protocols of the school boards, the Ministry of Education, and First Nation, Métis and Inuit communities and organizations.
- The information received will be combined anonymously in a report that will be used to inform the development of the Third Progress Report.
- Anyone can stop doing this survey at any time without any repercussions.
In addition to the online survey, students, parents/guardians and families, teaching and non-teaching staff, and Indigenous communities, organizations and partners are invited to participate in a series online focus groups for to share their perspectives. The online focus groups will be conducted at various times and dates. Interested persons should RSVP to third [email protected] Spaces are limited to 10-12 people per session on a first come, first served basis.
Questions regarding the process of engagement and data collection to inform the development of the Third Progress Report should be sent directly to Jennifer Feasby, Manager Education Policy and Programs Unit ([email protected]).