Seeking input for the 2016-2017 School Year Calendar
Posted January 19, 2016—Each spring school boards are required to establish a school year calendar for the upcoming school year, in accordance with the Education Act and Regulation 304.
Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board consults with parents/guardians, students, community members and community partners prior to finalizing the dates.
The draft calendar proposes the following dates (pdf version)
- First day of school for students: Tuesday, September 6, 2016
- Christmas Break: Monday, December 26, 2016 to Friday January 6, 2017
- Mid-winter Break: Monday, March 13 to Friday, March 17, 2017
- Seven professional activity (PA) days:
- Friday, September 23, 2016
- Friday, October 28, 2016
- Friday, November 25, 2016
- Friday, February 3, 2017
- Friday, March 3, 2017
- Friday, May 19, 2017
- Friday, June 30, 2017
- Last day of the school year: Thursday, June 29, 2017
Please provide feedback by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613.966.1170 or 1.800.267.4350 by Friday, January 29, 2016.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1.800.267-4350, extension 2354, email@example.com