Join in recognizing Child Abuse Prevention Month
Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board, the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan contains priorities and goals focused on student achievement and well-being. Priorities for the Board include, Achieving Excellence & Equity, Learning & Leadership, Public Confidence and Well-Being. Specific goals are:
- to provide programs and services to help each student achieve success (Achieving Excellence & Equity priority); and
- to create welcoming, inclusive, safe and accepting learning environments that optimize students’ potential (Well-Being priority).
- Locally, HPEDSB works closely with children/family service organizations, health care, police services and others to help keep students safe. Highland Shores Children’s Aid (HSCA) is one of our key partners.
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month in Ontario. It is a time for communities to use their voices to break the silence and speak up for children and youth to keep them safe.
- This year HSCA is promoting Dress Purple Day on Wednesday, October 19 to help raise awareness about speaking up and breaking the silence that often surrounds child abuse.
Please join in recognizing this important topic throughout October and by wearing purple on October 19, 2016.